WWE 2K18 Standard Edition is the most basic version of the game but with all the features. The Standard Edition of the game is the first that the developers announced. The Standard Edition is available for the PS4, XBox One, and the Nintendo Switch. This guide will provide you all the info that you need on WWE 2K18 Standard Edition.
2K Sports announced WWE 2K18 on May 23, 2017, and then released the cover release trailer on June 19. The trailer showed Seth Rollins as the cover superstar and destroying a fictitious WWE warehouse. A follow-up trailer featuring Kurt Angle was released showing him as the game’s pre-order.
To know more about the game’s features and how to order WWE 2K18 online, keep on reading the post.
WWE 2K18 Standard Edition
WWE 2K18 is the latest installment in the WWE 2K series. Last Year’s installment was somewhat of a letdown and it didn’t quite live up to the expectations of the fans. 2K Sports took that into consideration and stepped up their game. The developers have done many improvements in the game in many aspects.
Some of the improvements that we are about to see in WWE 2K18 Standard Edition are as follows.
- Better graphics: It gives the characters more realistic skin texture and improves the arena lighting. The crowd seems more realistic along with improvements in the animations.
- New commentary team: The old commentary team was replaced by the trio of Byron Saxton, Corey Graves, and Michael Cole. This is an improvement over last year’s team who used to repeat the same things over and over.
- MyCareer: The new MyCareer Mode in WWE 2K18 will allow players to explore the free roaming backstage area. They will also be able to interact with other players with their created MyPlayer characters.
- MyPlayer: MyPlayer introduces some new fighting styles. On top of that, the player’s character will upgrade and progress in a way you’ve never seen before.
- Road to Glory Mode: This is a new mode which lets you compete with other players with your created MyPlayers. This one allows you to compete for the WWE Pay-per-view events.
- Core Improvements: There will be other improvements as well which make WWE 2K18 the most realistic game to date.
As I said, the game will be available for PS4, XBox One, and the Nintendo Switch. Now, Nintendo Switch is a relatively new console and it surely packs less of a punch than its competitors. It doesn’t have the exact same features as PS4 and XBox. Moreover, you can pre-order it from here.
It doesn’t have more than 6 players at a time on the screen unlike the 8 players on other platforms. Though, it has the MyCareer Mode, a full roster of players, and customisation; it won’t have the Road to Glory Mode and the Graphics engine.
Thus with this, we complete this post on WWE 2K18 Standard Edition. You have all the information you need on the Standard edition. If you have enjoyed reading this article, then you can provide us a feedback on WWE2K18.